Multicultural Association of Perth-Huron
Settlement and support services for immigrants, refugees, women, youth, and seniors. We provide orientation about Canadian culture and other topics such as Education, Employment, Health Care and etc. We also help immigrants with documents and processes, referrals and resources to access available services, Language improvement program and much more.
Message From Founder
“Newcomers to Huron and Perth Counties enrich their communities by teaching us about the world we live in, and reminding us that even though we may be different, we are all the same.” – Dr. Gezahgn Wordofa, founder and President,
the Multicultural Association of Perth-Huron Helping newcomers feel at home is what the Multicultural Association of Perth-Huron is all about. Immigrants to Canada, newcomers from other provinces, and isolated foreign and Canadian migrants will all find a warm welcome, information, and support at the Multicultural Association office in Stratford, Ontario.
Founded in 2011 Sep 20 by Dr. Gezahgn Wordofa, the Multicultural Association of Perth-Huron (MAPH) assists newcomers in Perth and Huron Counties to adjust to life in their new communities by providing services throughout the two counties
Thank you so much.
Dr. Gezahgn Wordofa
Services to Newcomers:
• temporary accommodations and housing assistance
• orientation about education, employment, health and other topics to help navigate life in Canada
• help with immigration documents and processes
• referrals and support to access other services
• help to connect and contribute to their new community
• assistance to improve fluency in English or French
• special programs for youth